Instructions for authors
Visualization in Engineering publishes original research results regarding visualization paradigms, models, technologies, and applications that contribute significantly to the advancement of engineering in all branches, including medical, biological, civil, architectural, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, aerospace, and meteorological engineering and beyond. The journal solicits research papers with particular emphasis on essential research problems, innovative solutions, and rigorous validations. All submitted articles should explicitly include these three main elements. The journal publishes content in the form of research articles, review papers, technical notes, and case studies.
These original papers typically:
• report the latest progress in the engineering discipline with regard to applying visualization methods
• are relevant to visualization and help to provide a scientific basis by which decision-making in engineering becomes more reliable, spontaneous, and creative
• contain novel research that demonstrates the science behind knowledge-intensive engineering tasks
• validate the generality, power, and scalability of new methods through rigorous evaluation, both qualitatively and quantitatively
• conduct rigorous reviews of state-of-the-art visualization technologies that facilitate engineering tasks
• demonstrate practical and robust case studies in which innovative approaches are implemented.
Each article type published by Visualization in Engineering follows a specific format, as detailed in the corresponding instructions for authors; please choose an article type from the list on the left to view the instructions for authors.
The instructions for authors includes information about preparing a manuscript for submission to Visualization in Engineering, criteria for publication and the online submission process. Other relevant information about the journal's policies, the refereeing process and so on can be found in 'About this journal'.
Visualization in Engineering publishes the following article types:
We use plagiarism detection
This journal is a member of, and subscribes to the principles of, the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Authors and referees are asked to declare any competing interests.
Copyright rests with the authors. For more information on copyright of articles, see our publisher's copyright and license policy.